Employment with the District
School District 46 is one of the largest employers on the Sunshine Coast. With enrolment of approximately 3,500 students we have over 500 employees working in positions as teachers, principals, teaching assistants, childcare workers, clerical support, custodians, tradespeople, teachers-on-call and casual replacements.
Our employees take great pride in contributing to the education of our students on the Sunshine Coast. eLearning is available for new employees of School District No. 46.
Our contractual obligations require union positions to be posted within the district prior to considering external applications. Any job vacancies that are not filled internally are advertised on-line through Make a Future - Careers in BC Education.
The Make a Future – Careers in BC Education site is powered by applytoeducation.com. Therefore, if you have an existing account with them, you can use your username and password to log into www.makeafuture.ca/bc-school-districts/regions/vancouver-island-sunshine-coast/46-sunshine-coast/. If not, you can create an account on Make a Future – Careers in BC Education by clicking ‘Register.’
* Please note that candidates also have the option of applying to our District by mailing their application.
We encourage you to sign up for the "job alert" feature to be emailed to you when we post jobs on Make a Future.
How To Apply? Click on Teaching / Support / Management / Application Forms below for information on latest vacancies and to access district forms
- A fully completed School District 46 application form must be included with your resume along with the following supporting documentation (if applicable):
- Position being applied for (including posting number if applicable)
- A current resume
- Contact names and numbers for current work-related references
- Copy of all certificates and transcripts (for teaching or teacher-on-call positions this should include B.C Teaching Certificate, Teachers’ Qualification Service - TQS card, proof of membership in the B.C. College of Teachers)
- Any other relevant information such as reference letters, practicum reports, etc.
Application packages can be directed to:
S.D. No. 46 (Sunshine Coast)
P.O. Box 220
Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
Fax: (604) 886-4652
INTERNAL Teacher postings for the 2013-2014 school year can be viewed from your Employee Portal.
You can then apply on-line by logging on to the Employee Portal.
Special Needs Teachers - closes on Thursday, December 19, 2013
INTERNAL Support postings for the 2013-2014 school year can be viewed from your Employee Portal.
You can then apply on-line.
EXTERNAL Support postings:
There are no external postings at this time.
There are no EXTERNAL position at this time.
News & Updates
At the Regular Meeting of the Board of Education on Tuesday, December 10, 2013, the Board of Education held its...
Wed., Dec 11 '13 @ 06:15PM
Changes to the Provincial School Calendar Regulation eliminate the standard school calendar in British Columbia. Boards of Education now establish...
Tue., Dec 10 '13 @ 07:45PM
Please read the most recent Superintendent's Report on Activities ...
Fri., Dec 6 '13 @ 04:39PM
School District 46 is asking the community to let us know their thoughts on funding priorities for the 2014/2015 school...
Tue., Dec 3 '13 @ 07:05PM