Employment with the District
School District 46 is one of the largest employers on the Sunshine Coast. With enrolment over 3000 students we have over 500 employees working in positions as teachers, principals, teaching assistants, childcare workers, clerical support, custodians, tradespeople, teachers-on-call and casual replacements.
Our employees take great pride in contributing to the education of our students on the Sunshine Coast.
Our contractual obligations require union positions to be posted within the district prior to considering external applications. Any job vacancies that are not filled internally are advertised on-line through Make a Future - Careers in BC Education.
The Make a Future – Careers in BC Education site is powered by applytoeducation.com. Therefore, if you have an existing account with them, you can use your username and password to log into www.makeafuture.ca/bc-school-districts/regions/vancouver-island-sunshine-coast/46-sunshine-coast/. If not, you can create an account on Make a Future – Careers in BC Education by clicking ‘Register.’
* Please note that candidates also have the option of applying to our District by mailing their application.
We encourage you to sign up for the "job alert" feature to be emailed to you when we post jobs on Make a Future.
How To Apply? Click on Teaching / Support / Management / Application Forms below for information on latest vacancies and to access district forms
- A fully completed School District 46 application form must be included with your resume along with the following supporting documentation (if applicable):
- Position being applied for (including posting number if applicable)
- A current resume
- Contact names and numbers for current work-related references
- Copy of all certificates and transcripts (for teaching or teacher-on-call positions this should include B.C Teaching Certificate, Teachers’ Qualification Service - TQS card, proof of membership in the B.C. College of Teachers)
- Any other relevant information such as reference letters, practicum reports, etc.
Application packages can be directed to:
S.D. No. 46 (Sunshine Coast)
P.O. Box 220
Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
Fax: (604) 886-4652
INTERNAL Teacher postings for the 2013-2014 school year can be viewed from your Employee Portal.
You can then apply on-line by logging on to the Employee Portal.
T1314-187 EXT, Special Needs Teacher - Closes Friday, February 21, 2014
INTERNAL Support postings for the 2013-2014 school year can be viewed from your Employee Portal.
You can then apply on-line.
EXTERNAL Support postings:
There are no external postings at this time.
There are no EXTERNAL position at this time.
News & Updates
Please read the Superintendent's Report to the Board on Activities to March 11, 2014 ...
Mon., Mar 10 '14 @ 04:37PM
DRAFT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 46 (SUNSHINE COAST) CALENDAR 2014/2015 Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014: First day of school (.5) (for purposes of...
Mon., Mar 3 '14 @ 05:33PM
All buses will arrive for their afternoon runs one hour earlier than normal (to coincide with the early dismissal requirement...
Tue., Feb 25 '14 @ 06:08PM
Please read the latest Superintendent's Report to the Board of Education. ...
Tue., Feb 11 '14 @ 10:00PM