Employment with the District
School District 46 is one of the largest employers on the Sunshine Coast. With our enrolment over 3000 students, we have more than 500 employees working in positions as teachers, principals, education assistants, childcare workers, clerical support, custodians, tradespeople, teachers-on-call and casual replacements.
Our employees take great pride in contributing to the education of our students on the Sunshine Coast.
Our contractual obligations require union positions to be posted within the district prior to considering external applications. Any job vacancies that are not filled internally are advertised on-line through Make a Future - Careers in BC Education.
The Make a Future – Careers in BC Education site is powered by applytoeducation.com. Therefore, if you have an existing account with them, you can use your username and password to log into www.makeafuture.ca/bc-school-districts/regions/vancouver-island-sunshine-coast/46-sunshine-coast/. If not, you can create an account on Make a Future – Careers in BC Education by clicking ‘Register.’
* Please note that candidates also have the option of applying to our District by emailing your application.
We encourage you to sign up for the "job alert" feature to be emailed to you when we post jobs on Make a Future.
How To Apply? Click on Teaching / Support / Management / Application Forms below for information on latest vacancies and to access district forms
- A fully completed School District 46 application form must be included with your resume along with the following supporting documentation (if applicable):
- Position being applied for (including posting number if applicable)
- A current resume
- Contact names and numbers for current work-related references
- Copy of all certificates and transcripts (for teaching or teacher-on-call positions this should include B.C Teaching Certificate, Teachers’ Qualification Service - TQS card, proof of membership in the B.C. College of Teachers)
- Any other relevant information such as reference letters, practicum reports, etc.
Application packages can be directed to:
S.D. No. 46 (Sunshine Coast)
P.O. Box 220
Gibsons, BC V0N 1V0
Fax: (604) 886-4652
INTERNAL Teacher postings for the 2015-2016 school year can be viewed from your Employee Portal.
You can then apply on-line by logging on to the Employee Portal.
INTERNAL Support postings for the 2015-2016 school year can be viewed from your Employee Portal.
You can then apply on-line.
There are no EXTERNAL Support postings at this time.
Director of Instruction - Human Resources and Secondary Programs - closes Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 4:30 p.m.
News & Updates
School District No. 46 (Sunshine Coast) is looking for an outstanding educational leader to assume the role of Director of...
Wed., Sep 30 '15 @ 04:42PM
School District No. 46 is excited to have a redefined Executive Team. With the departure of Greg Kitchen, Assistant Superintendent, who...
Wed., Sep 23 '15 @ 08:54PM
Thanks to Coaster's Car Club for its generous donation of...
Thu., Sep 17 '15 @ 04:44PM
SD46 students in grades 6-12 are invited to participate in the production of "Into The Woods" – a mash-up of...
Thu., Sep 17 '15 @ 03:59PM